Slip & Fall Accidents
Suffered a slip and fall injury due to someone else’s negligence? You have legal rights to claim compensation for your injuries. At the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, we are here to take the stress out of dealing with lawsuits. Our highly experienced and trusted slip and fall lawyers have settled many of these cases throughout the years. Contact us to find out how we can help.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
The most common locations for accidents for slip and fall are:
- Slips and falls in supermarkets and other retail outlets
- Injuries on private property
- Slip and fall on snow or ice
- Slip and fall accidents while walking
Attorney Jason Ranallo has been helping individuals who have been injured in slip and fall incidents since 2002. You can rest assured that by having the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. working for you, your case is in the hands of an experienced, knowledgeable, and aggressive attorney who knows how to get results.
What are landowners responsible for?
A landowner can be held accountable for your slip and fall injury if they fail to alert you of dangerous conditions and circumstances which they are aware of, or should have known existed on their property. In addition to this, our slip and fall lawyers say that landowners can be held responsible for:
- failing to maintain premises
- failing to secure premises
- failing to keep premises safe
- failing to examine the premises
- failing to ensure sufficient staffing, training, and supervision
The insurance companies may try to make sure you recover as little as possible for your injuries. However, our experienced slip and fall accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. understands the tactics and can devise the best arguments for the money you’re owed.
Compensation for a Slip and Fall Injury
A claim for slip and fall compensation typically includes physical and psychological injuries and losses. If you are injured in Massachusetts as a result of a slip and fall injury you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses related to the injury
- Loss of wages for time off from work
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Emotional trauma and effects
- Any future earning ability lost due to your injury
- Any other costs incurred because of the accident
Once the slip and fall attorneys at the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. know the specifics of your situation, we will be able to provide guidance regarding what claims you’re likely eligible for. Get in touch with our slip and fall lawyer to get answers to your questions.
Massachusetts Slip and Fall Accident Laws
A common type of of slip and fall accident in Massachusetts occurs when a person slips and falls on a foreign substance or on snow and ice.
Massachusetts law states that where a foreign substance on a floor or stairway causes a person lawfully on the premises to fall and sustain injuries, that person may prove negligence on the property owner in one of the following three methods:
- A person may show that the property owner or its employee, agent, or representative negligently caused the substance to be there or may show that the property owner or its employee, agent, or representative had actual knowledge of the existence of the foreign substance and failed to use due care to remove it or make the area reasonably safe;
- A person may establish the property owner or its employee, agent, or representative negligence by showing that the foreign substance was present on the premises for such a length of time that the defendant should have known about it and taken steps to make the area reasonably safe. The property owner or its employee, agent, or representative owes the injured person a duty of reasonable care to discover any unsafe conditions on their premises; or
- A person may show that the property owner or its employee, agent, or representative’s chosen mode of operation makes it reasonably foreseeable that a dangerous condition will occur. In that event, the property owner or its employee, agent, or representative may be held liable if the person proves that the property owner or its employee, agent, or representative failed to take all reasonable precautions necessary to protect customers and others while were authorized to be on their premises.
Massachusetts courts have held a property owner liable for snow and ice injuries when: a property owner knows or reasonably should have known of a dangerous condition on their property arising from an accumulation of snow or ice. The property owners owe a duty to lawful visitors to make reasonable efforts to protect lawful visitors against the danger.
A person needs to determine if snow and ice removal efforts are reasonable in light of the expense they impose on the landowner and the probability and seriousness of the foreseeable harm to others. The snow removal reasonably expected of a property owner will depend on the amount of foot traffic anticipated on the property, the magnitude of the risk reasonably feared, and the burden and expense of the ice removal. Therefore, while an owner of a single-family home, an apartment complex owner, a store owner, and an owner or management company of shopping malls each owe lawful visitors to their property a duty of reasonable care, what constitutes reasonable snow removal may vary among them.
Injured in a slip and fall accident? Get help from the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo!
The Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C can provide you with the personal attention and skill that each case needs. We will handle every aspect of your slip and fall case, including going to trial if a full and fair settlement agreement cannot be reached.
If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall incident, call the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. today at 781-344-6200 or contact the firm online to schedule a free consultation to review your case. For your convenience, home, hospital, evening, and weekend appointments are available upon request. Our slip and fall injury attorney can provide legal services on a No Win No Fee Guarantee, which means that don’t have to pay the legal costs unless we win the claim at the end.
Let us show you what our knowledge, experience, and skills can do for you or your loved one. Your slip and fall case will always be our top priority. Call or contact us today!