Call 781-344-6200 for the legal help you need.


Who will pay for my medical bills, if I was injured?

Under Massachusetts law, the automobile insurance company that insured the vehicle you were in when the crash occurred is responsible to pay up to the first $2,000 of your medical bills. If you were a pedestrian or riding a bicycle when you got injured, the first $2,000 of medical treatment is paid by the insurance company of the vehicle that hit you. Once the first $2,000 is paid, your private health insurance then becomes primary. If you do not have health insurance or you have a particular type of health insurance, the automobile insurance company will pay up to the first $8,000 in medical expense treatment.

Who will pay for my lost income as a result of the accident?

If you cannot work as a result of the accident, you can submit a claim to be paid for your lost income. Under Massachusetts Law, the PIP coverage will reimburse you up to 75% of the income you would have otherwise earned as long as (1) you did not receive any wages or salary during the period you were unable to work and (2) the total of $8,000 available to you under the PIP coverage was not exhausted by paying your medical bills.

Car Accidents FAQ

What to do if you have been involved in a car accident?

If you are involved in a car accident, you should take certain steps to protect yourself and your rights.

Read more car accidents FAQ..

Bicycle Accidents FAQ

The U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued important safety reminders for all bicyclists, which include:

Read more bicycle accidents FAQ..

Police – Injury on Duty FAQ

The Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C. represents Massachusetts Police Officers, Massachusetts State Troopers and Massachusetts Firefighters who were injured in the line of duty.
Read more Police – Injury on Duty FAQ

Motorcycle Accidents FAQ

1. Can I recover for injuries I sustained in a motorcycle accident if it was not my fault?

Yes, operators of motorcycles in Massachusetts are covered under Massachusetts motorcycle law which makes negligent drivers responsible and liable for their negligent actions.
Read more motorcycle accidents FAQ…

Slip and Fall Accidents FAQ

1. What are the common slip and falls accidents?

Common types of slip and fall accidents occur when a person slips and falls on a foreign substance or snow and ice.

Read more Slip and Fall Accidents FAQ..

Dog Bites FAQ

1. Who is responsible for dog bites?

In Massachusetts, dog attacks are governed by M.G.L. c. 140 § 155. The law imposes “strict liability” on dog owners and/or keepers of the dog. The law holds an owner or keeper of a dog strictly liable if the dog causes personal injury or property damage and that the injured person was not trespassing, committing a tort or teasing the dog.

Read more dog bites FAQ..

Wrongful Death FAQ

1. Who are the parties in a Wrongful Death lawsuit?

The decedent’s personal representative appointed by the Probate and Family Court can bring the action against the responsible parties on behalf of the estate and beneficiaries of the decedent.
Read more Wrongful Death FAQ..

Common Types of Injuries

1. What are the most common types of personal injuries?

Car accidents can cause all types of serious injuries. The severity of the injuries can be minor, to disabling, to life-threatening, and may even cause death.

Read more Commo Types of Injuries FAQ..

Call us today at 781-344-6200 to schedule a free consultation or tell us about the accident online.