Common Types of Injuries
1. What are the most common types of personal injuries?
Car accidents can cause all types of serious injuries. The severity of the injuries can be minor, to disabling, to life-threatening, and may even cause death. Some of the possible injuries from a car accident are as follows:
- Broken bones. Some fractures could be severe and could result in infections, nerve damage, and loss of motor ability.
- When fast-moving vehicles stop suddenly, the force can lead to traumatic head and neck injuries. High speed, head-on collisions are the most deadly and devastating types of accidents.
- Broken glass and flying debris can cause deep cuts and serious injuries, leading to severe bleeding.
- Any damage to the spinal cord is usually permanent, and often leads to significant loss of motor functions. These injuries can also cause severe pain, stiffness, muscle spasms, and range of motion limitations. Sometimes, the impact can cause an individual’s spinal cord to bend or compress leading to shattered vertebrae and fractured discs.
- Sometimes, car accidents can also cause burn injuries which are permanent and disfiguring. Such injuries are both physically and emotionally overwhelming. Some burns can damage the skin as well as organs not directly in the burn area. Burn victims often suffer complications to their pulmonary, neurological, and cardiovascular systems.
- The force from car accidents can lead to facial injuries breaking victims’ teeth and nose. In addition to this, you can also suffer from neck and back injuries which can have a significant impact on your daily life, both physically and financially. These injuries can cause severe pain, stiffness, and muscle spasms. In the majority of cases, these symptoms respond well to medical treatment such as medication for pain and swelling, physical therapy, and/or chiropractic treatment.
- Some car accidents are fatal, serious enough that motorists are killed.
These are just a few of the many possible injuries that can happen in car accidents, so it’s important for drivers to drive safely and stay vigilant.
At the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C., our lawyers understand that auto accidents can leave you with severe personal injury and in need of medical treatment.
For more information about car accident injuries, get in touch with our legal team. Call 781-344-6200 or fill out a free consultation
Let us show you what our knowledge, experience, and skills can do for you or your loved one. Your case will always be our top priority. Call or contact us today!