COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN MASSACHUSETTS
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Safety Administration in 2013, 32,719 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the United States. An estimated 2.31 million people were injured in motor vehicle crashes. However, car accidents can happen just about anywhere and can be caused by many different events and factors. It’s impossible to predict exactly when and where an accident may occur. Here are some of most common accident types:
- Rear-end collisions account for almost 29% of all car accidents. Most drivers who hit another drivers from behind are not paying attention.
- Weather-related car accidents: driving careless in bad weather can lead to many car accidents.
- Alcohol consumption: makes accidents more likely as it impairs drivers’ reaction behind the wheel.
- Speeding: decreases the time drivers have to react to continuously changing road conditions.
- Distracted driving: involves not paying complete attention or texting while driving.
- Failing to stop or yield for traffic signal controls.
Remember, if you or your loved one have been involved in an auto accident, do not let the insurance companies persuade you with a quick and small settlement. It’s important to know all your rights and options as well as your obligations under Massachusetts law and your automobile insurance policy.
Get legal assistance from the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo, P.C.
The longer you wait to get legal help, the harder it is to collect the evidence which can help prove your case. So don’t wait. Get help from the Law Offices of Jason M. Ranallo. We’ll work with you to gather all the evidence to ensure you get the results you need. We’ll determine the compensation amount, keeping various factors in mind.
Contact one of our car accident experts to learn more.
Let us show you what our knowledge, experience, and skills can do for you or your loved one. Your car accident case will always be our top priority. Call or contact us today!